Are you cruising through life, or do you feel as though your wheels are falling off, your gas tank is on empty, and you’re in desperate need of a pit stop? Thanks to Real Estate Executive Magazine (Fall 2015) for authoring a great article to re-gen yourself and your life…excerpts are below.
10 Rules for the Ride of your Life
1. You’re the Driver. As the driver of your bus, it’s important to take responsibility for your ride. You choose your energy, and every day when you look at the gas pump of your life, you can choose between high-octaine fuel that makes you feel great, or low-quality energy that drains you.
2. Desire, Vision, and Focus. Some of us are headed in the wrong direction because we never stopped to ask where we truly wanted to go. Every successful journey begins with a desire to go somewhere and do something, so the first question you need to ask is: “What is my heart’s desire?” Once you have your answer, create a vision for the road ahead, thinking about your desires for your life, health, career, family, and relationships.
3. Fuel Your Ride with Positive Energy. Every driver will encounter obstacles on their journey. Potholes, roadblocks, and adversity impact every ride. No one goes through life untested. But the answer to these tests is positive energy, the kind that inspires us to work and perform at a higher level, to build and lead successful teams, to overcome adversity in life and at work.
4. Invite People on Your Bus. No one creates success in a vacuum. We all depend on the support, energy and love of others to succeed. Not to mention that people with more friends are more likely to live longer than those who are socially isolated. That’s why it is so important to build a team of positive and supportive people who will energize your ride.
5. Leave ‘Em Behind. It’s a fact of life. Some people are going to get on your bus and some people won’t. That’s all right. Don’t get discouraged and worry about the people who go a different direction. If you waste your energy on them, this means you’ll have less energy to pick up the people who want to get on. Think of it this way: the people who get on were supposed to get on; the people who don’t might have ruined your ride anyway.
6. No Energy Vampires Allowed. Sometimes you have to ask someone to get off your bus. Gandhi said, “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.” Don’t let anyone ruin the ride of your life.
7. Enthusiasm Attracts More Passengers. Walt Whitman said, “We convince by our presence.” Your enthusiasm will convince people to get on your bus wherever you take it. When you are enthusiastic about life, you radiate this powerful energy that attracts people to you like moths to a light.
8. Love Your Passengers. In a world where everyone wants to receive more love because it’s so often the missing ingredient in our family gatherings, workplace meetings and everyday interactions, the best way to attract more love on your journey is to share it.
9. Tap into the Ultimate GPS System. While you’re indeed the driver of your bus, remember that there is an ultimate GPS system that will always show you the way and guide you in the right direction if you let it. With the gift of free will, we can chose to ignore the GPS and drive alone, or we can choose to tap into it and experience the amazing benefits.
10. Enjoy the Ride. Because this is the Energy Bus, the most fun rule is saved for the last. The fact is, this isn’t Disney World. We only have one ride, and so we might as well enjoy it. And we certainly don’t want a fast pass. There will always be 30 e-mails we have not returned and voice mails unanswered. We’ll never get it all done, so we might as well take a few deep breaths, slow down and enjoy the ride. So, as you stop on the Energy Bus, always remember this one final “rule for the road:” The goal in life is to live young, have fun and arrive at your final destination…as late as possible…with a smile on your face because this would mean that you truly enjoyed the ride.
RE/MAX Showcase has three offices in Lake County with more than 80 professional real estate agents who specialize in both Residential and Commercial properties. RE/MAX Showcase is also licensed in Wisconsin.
Feel free to leave any questions in the comments section or complete the contact form to the right. To contact us by phone, call (847) 596-6100 or email email@example.com.